Re: [ADMIN] v6.4.2 backend crashing on certain sql stmts

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [ADMIN] v6.4.2 backend crashing on certain sql stmts
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
At 11:39 +0200 on 20/1/99, gjerde@icebox.org wrote:

> This is the query that breaks:
> SELECT memberaccess.access
>             FROM memberaccess
>             WHERE memberaccess.MemberID = members.ID
>               AND members.username LIKE 'gjerde';
>
> This last query will give the error message on top.
> The sql statements to create my tables are below.

You are comparing a value of type INT8 with one of type INT4    . I suppose
this *should* work OK, with one type being converted to the other, but as I
have seen so many messages to the mailing lists about broken INT8 support,
I think you better avoid it.

Think: if you are restricting by MemberID = ID, it makes sense that the two
fields should have the same domain. That is, since members.ID, a primary
key, will never have the big values associated with an INT8, it makes no
sense to define MemberID as INT8.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.